- Spritz hair with a heat protectant styler (I like Redken Spray Starch with a 15 hold).
- Wrap 1” section around a 1” curling iron away
from the face.
- Wrap 1” section towards the face
(switching directions helps create volume).
- Repeat throughout hair.
- To give it the messy dread look, grab 1” sections of hair and spritz Woolshake by Redken for texture. Then, using your thumb and index finger, slide up and rouche the hair to give it the “undone” look.
- Section the hair in half in an inverted V
starting from the center of each ear.
- Take the top section and place with an elastic
to make a high ponytail. Clip it up out of the way.
- Take the remaining hair on the bottom and pull into a smaller ponytail right below. This is simple and works well with straight or curly hair. If you need added texture, use Powder Grip 03 by Redken at the scalp area before sectioning.
- Release the clip at the top. You now have two
3. Take the bottom section and repeat braid when complete wrap around the opposite direction from the first braid and secure with bobby pins.
4. Take any leftover hair and braid and wrap around the head, securing with bobby pins.
5. Optional: Add flowers. Finish with Redken Hairspray 12.